General Data Protection Regulation
The European Union’s new data protection regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018.
Soon the GDPR will be applied in all EU member states. It improves the protection of your personal data and enhances your rights concerning the processing of your data.
Upon request from you we can inform you of what personal data we store on you, and you can always easily opt out of receiving messages from us.
If you want us to remove all of your data from our customer database, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Controller of data file
Novago Business Development Ltd (business ID 2397496-7)
Nummentie 12-14, 08100 Lohja, Finland
Raseborgsvägen 9, 10600 Ekenäs, Finland
2. Contact person
Data privacy officer: Tom Gammals, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 911 1866.
Data subjects may contact the Data Privacy Officer with any queries related to personal data processing and to the exercising of the data subject’s rights.
3. Purpose and basis of personal data processing
Novago processes personal data on the data subjects for the following purposes:
• Managing the customer relationship between Novago and the data subject
• Marketing Novago’s services and events
4. Types of personal data processed
Data subjects disclose their details, for example on a paper customer information form, at the start of the customer relationship or when registering for an event.
The types of personal data processed on Novago’s data subjects are listed below:
• Personal data voluntarily given by the data subject: first name and surname, email, telephone number, street address, town, postcode, date of birth, gender, citizenship, contact language, education, work status, career and work experience.
5. Data sources
Novago collects personal data directly from data subjects.
6. Recipients of personal data
Novago does not disclose personal data to third parties unless by specific request by the data subject in question.
7. Transfer of personal data to outside of the European Union or European Economic Area
Novago does not transfer personal data to outside of the European Union or European Economic Area.
8. Period of storage of personal data
Novago stores personal data on its data subjects for the period required by the customer relationship.
9. Privacy and data protection
Novago ensures the protection of personal data using appropriate administrative and technical methods. Access to personal data is limited to the persons who require it to complete their work duties. Access to systems containing personal data on data subjects is possible only using separately granted personal usernames and passwords.
Novago’s systems and databases containing personal data are placed on servers stored in locked facilities, which may only be accessed by specifically appointed persons who require access in order to complete their work duties. Novago protects its servers and information networks using appropriate firewalls and other technical methods.
10. Rights of the data subject
In line with applicable data protection legislation, the data subject has the right at any time to:
• access their personal data (right of checking)
• demand that inaccurate or incorrect personal data be corrected or supplemented
• demand the removal of their personal data
• receive the personal data they have submitted to Novago in machine-readable format
To exercise these rights, data subjects must make a request to the contact person specified in section 2. Novago may request that the data subject prove his or her identity or provide further details before their request is fulfilled. Novago may also decline to fulfil the data subject’s request if this is legally justified by valid data protection legislation, in which case it will inform the data subject, citing the legislation in question.
11. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with an appropriate supervisory authority if they consider that Novago’s processing of personal data infringes applicable data protection legislation. A complaint may be lodged if Novago is considered to have acted in violation of such legislation.